Our technology experts have helped many organizations align their business goals with IT requirements empowered by a solid process & based on best-practices
IT-Corner provide this Professional Service for the sake of evaluating and developing the business strategy that may engage IT activities through the IT value chain within the organization. This will result to a comprehensive IT strategic plan for the organization completely aligned with the general strategic plan of the organization.
IT-Corner help organizations reach their global objectives!
- IT Project Management Office
- IT Strategic Planning
- ISO 20000
- ISO 27001
Our clients are helped to improve their IT performance through analysis of existing business problems and development of future plants. This may involve the identification and cross fertilization of best practices, analytical techniques, change management and coaching skills, technology implementations, strategy development, or operational improvement by identifying problems or suggesting more effective or efficient ways of performing IT business tasks.
Critical Enabling Dimensions
- People Dimension. Covers the required organization structure, needed staff capabilities, related roles and responsibilities and resourcing options.
- Processes Dimension. Covers the functional processes required for IT planning, management, delivery and operations.
- Technology Dimension. Covers the various enablers of IT Architecture and Standards layers as pertains for example to access and presentation, applications, infrastructure, integration and security.
- Governance Dimension. Covers the needed interaction action between concerned stakeholders, set of prominent Key Performance Indicators and associated IT budgets for identified initiatives.
Scope of Service
- Formulate the IT Department mission, including broad statements about its purpose, philosophy, and goals.
- Conduct an analysis that reflects the organization’s internal conditions and capabilities.
- Assess the organization’s external environment, including both the competitive and the general contextual factors.
- Analyze the organization’s options by matching its resources with the external environment.
- Select a set of long-term objectives and grand strategies that will achieve the most desirable options.
- Develop annual objectives and short-term strategies that are compatible with the selected set of long-term objectives and grand strategies.
- Implement the strategic choices by means of budgeted resource allocations in which the matching of tasks, people, structures, technologies, and reward systems is emphasized.
- Evaluate the success of the strategic process as an input for future decision-making.
- Assess the definition and monitoring of the key projects’ constrains.
- Identify the projects stakeholders, and handle the communication between all projects parties and stakeholders (internal teams, vendors and third parties).
- Define and document projects’ risks.
- Review and ensure the quality of the projects deliverables.
- Manage communication issues.