Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment Course :
The Hazard Identification & Risk Assessments are the cornerstone of any Health & Safety Management System; this course provides a robust, sensitive and simple method on how to identify hazards, assess risks and consequently how to mitigate them.
- Aims and objectives
- Definitions of Hazard and Risk.
- Incident and Accident Ratios.
- Identifying the hazards.
- Principles and Practice of Risk Assessment.
- Criteria for a ‘Suitable and Sufficient’ risk assessment.
- Principles of Controls.
- Documentation, reporting and the importance of record keeping.
- Practical on-site risk assessment.
The course is for all level of Safety Practitioners and line managers / supervisors / team leaders who are responsible to conduct risk assessments on their workplaces.
Competencies Gained and Course Outcome:
- The ability to conduct risk assessment.
- The ability of identifying the hazards.
- The ability of evaluating the risk arising from the hazards.
- The ability of prioritizing risks.
- The ability to establish hierarchal mitigation measures in order to minimize the risks to an acceptable level.
- The ability to record and document the assessments.
- The ability to prioritize actions.